Saturday, January 30, 2010

Chapter 2: Fishy Cow

Woah snaps it's been forever.
But! I have been once more inspired since I'm tempted to use Lotty + Q-chan, maybe even the doggeh in my Flash class for a webisode. :3
Wouldn't that be nice? Yes, yes it would.


As Lotty trekked home, huggling her bag of salt close to her chest, she began to drift off in her sea of thoughts. The pads on her feet smacked the concrete sidewalks as her bare feet hopped to and fro. Every so often, her thoughts came across the newest cow in Q-chan's collection. "A new cow," Lotty thought. How interesting indeed.
You see, Q-chan was very fond of cows. She grew up raising them with her family. Lotty-chan however, was not at all a farm girl. Domestic animals were more to her domain. Her posse consisted of a dog, a few water turtles, a huge aquarium filled with goldfish, some birds, and a cat. Lotty could not understand why anybody would want a cow of all creatures to take care of. They stink, they're stupid, all they do is eat grass until they're fat and die without even realizing a day went by. "A horse, at least! Or a mule, my GAWD! But, a cow? Ew," Lotty cursed.
But, recalling the newest cow in Q-chan's field, something seemed a bit off. The cow just stood there. Doing nothing, as cows do, but it didn't move at the slightest. It wasn't even eating grass...and cows...well, eat grass.
"What the crap? All cows do is eat grass...all that cow did was stand there and stare at nothing."
Pondering, Lotty stared at the bag of salt in her hands. Determined, Lotty stomped and turned around and headed back to Q-chan's domain.
Arriving at Q-chan's farm, it was a little past sunset. When Q-chan saw Lotty coming up to her front porch with the salt bag, Q-chan became concerned.
"Lotty? The salt bad?"
"Uh, hi, Q-chan. No, I mean, I'm not sure yet. Haven't tried the salt. I came back because I was thinking about your new cow. Is it okay?"
"Okay? It seems fine to me..."
"I dunnooooo. I mean, just look at it."
Crickets begin to chirp as they all look out the front porch to stare at the cow who stared right back at them innocently.
"It's not doing anything."
"That IS what cows do, Lotty. You come to experience that a lot when you're around them."
"Yeah, I get that. But, do cows not eat grass when they come to a new home or something? You'd think cows wouldn't care or even know the difference. Eat, eat ,eat."
"Of course cows eat grass all the time, that cow is doing just...that."
"No..."
"Huh. Well, I'll be damned."
"The cow IS looking straight at us. Even though it does have that dumb look on it's stupid cow face."
"Hey, hey. Leave him alone. Give it a day or two. He'll come around, I'll bet."
"If you say so."
"Well, since you're here, how 'bout I fix you up with some fish to go with that salt? Coffee?"
"Fish....that cow is damn fishy. Bug eyed fishy cow. Oh, yeah, fish. Coffee. Please."


No comments:

Post a Comment