Thursday, July 30, 2009

Chapter 9: Group Picture

Sorry for the delay there, guys!
Life gets hectic at times.
We FINALLY know what Cutish looks like. Yay!
Soon, you'll get to know what Pirate Man looks like despite the elaborate description. ;]

"Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!!" Lotty began yelping as she jumped up and down and around in a circle, then suddenly sat down, hugging her knees staring up at the pirate with an eyepatch and a monocle.
The pirate smiled at the energetic girl and held out his hand towards Cutish.
"Would you like to sit, as well?"
Cutish was still highly suspicious of this mysterious man. Any friend of Lotty had to be a freak, in her opinion. She stared at him, ignoring his hand purposely and leaned against the wall and crossed her arms.
"I'm waiting."
"Well, first, let me introduce myself. My name is John Thomas Mack Bogard Danish Doe. You may call me Sir John or John if it suits you, miss Cutish. Your friend, the lightning baby told me your name."
"I'm NOT the lightning baby's friend," Cutish interrupted angrily.
"Isn't Cuteeeeeeesh such a great actress?! Daneyyyyyyyy. She should go to law school!"
"....Theatric school, you idiot."
"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Yeah! That!"
"Well, regardless, it is a pleasure to meet you. And I dare say, it is a perfectly fitting name for such a beautiful young lady, Miss Cutish. Where was I? Ah. Yes, that is my name. I have already told Lotty my story while I assume you were inside the house. It includes a great deal of adventure, indeed! I found myself fighting pirates left and right! Ah, my colleagues sure are scallywags, they are. Ah, dearest me. They do mean well, of course. Despite their horrendous smell. It's even dangerous to go down below the deck because of....yes, well, I don't want to go into specifics in front of a lady. Even though Lotty was dying for every detail, weren't you Lotty?"
"YES! Gruesome, gory, garish greatness it was! Fun, fun, fun!"
"You know what's even more fun? Explosions! Oh, yes, there are plenty of fully-stocked barrels of gun powder on the fleet. Yessiree. But, we can't forget the time we had an octopus infestation. That was not pleasant at all. The good thing about that infestation, however, was we had plenty to eat for a good month. Octopus is quite good, actually. The sucker's suction cups are especially fun to chew on. Then every now and then, we'll come to port. Hit up the bars, the night clubs, have a bit of dancing gone and done, my peers do find it fun. Even though I do say they can be...nevermind. But, yes, now I am on leave from my crew. I actually have my own personal ship at port. Then I asked Lotty if she would join me. I do say it should be interesting. What do you say, Lotty?"
"YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Cutiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiish. Let's do it! Woo! Doggy! You wanna go on a PIIIIIIIRATE ship? Huh? Huhhh?" Lotty picked up the dog and nuzzled his nose happily. The dog barked and was put on Lotty's head.
"That's a YEP! in doggy languaaaaaaaaaaage, Daney."
"Daney?"
"Daney's your name now!"
John looked to Cutish for a possible answer or reassurance, Cutish in reply stared at him and said "Danish, probably. Lotty, his name is John. Not Daney. I think you came up with that from Danish. Right? Well, call him John okay?"
"BUT I DUNT WANNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" Lotty began to whine and tears were flooding her eyes and began streaming down her face. The trails of tears were beginning to get the dog's paws wet and her white tank was sticking to her skin.
"Okay....Okay! Fine."
"YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! You hear that Mr. Pirate, sir? We're going to shippy ship!"
"What? No!"
"You said 'Okay.....Okay! Fine.' So let's go! Adventure tiiiiiime! Yippeee!" Lotty began bouncing around in circles while the dog tried his best to hang on while he barked as if calling for help from the two bystanders.
"Well, Miss Cutish, that is true."
Cutish immediately glared at Sir John and sighed.
"What choice do I have? That crazy girl has turned my world upside-down. I might as well go along for the ride."
"GROUP HUUUUUUUUUUG!" Lotty pounced on Cutish's back. Due to the shock, Cutish lost balance and ran into John who in turn stumbled onto the ground with Cutish, Lotty, and the dog on top of him.
"Picture, picture, picture!" Lotty exclaimed excitedly as she pulled out a polaroid camera from out of Cutish's pants pocket and took a picture of them all in disarray and Lotty was the only one who posed with a funny face purposely.
Cutish, still trying to figure out where she had a camera on her felt exasperated and simply groaned and let her head drop onto John's shoulder.
"Yay! Picture looks great! Good job, you guuuuuuys! Lotty's so happy! Now let's go to the shippy shiiiiiiiip, Daney-John!"
All of them couldn't help but stare at Lotty's amazingly wide grin and they all ended up bursting out laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment